- Reduces the chance of injury, by relieving stress points in muscles, before they result in restrictions
or spasm; allowing a quicker return to maximum training levels.
- Improved circulation
- Shorten recovery time between workouts with less chance of chronic problems returning.
- Maximizes the supply of nutrients and oxygen through increased blood flow;
- Enhances a preventive approach to athletic training whereby soft tissues are free of trigger points
and adhesions, thus contributing toward the improvement of peak neuromuscular functioning.
- Pre-event massage stimulates circulation, calms nervous tension, and prepares the athlete for optimal
performance while reducing the chances of injury.
- Post-event massage relieves soreness and assists in the removal of lactic acid and other waste products.
- Maintenance massage focuses on the prevention of developing chronic injuries and aids in the healing
process of current ones.
- Injury prevention
- Increased muscular efficiency
- Decreased recovery time from competition and training
- Increased physical awareness derived from anatomical and functional education
Efficient circulation supply to musculoskeletal tissue increases delivery of essential nutrients and oxygen, which helps increase bodily productivity and removal of metabolic waste. By breaking scar tissue and adhesions, muscles and tendons are released from inefficiency and are free to move as designed. Integrated Massage Therapy can identify and address minor imbalances at an early stage, before becoming strain, sprain or tears. Sports Massage at local events for the competitive athletes is provided to enhance immediate competitive output and recovery. Most of our athletes, however, come to our clinic for regular maintenance sessions throughout the competitive season and training.
Keeping an athlete in top physical shape requires a regular prevention and maintenance program, as well as treatment before and after an athletic event. And, when strains, sprains, bruises, or other major injuries occur, sports massage therapy may be necessary to speed healing and reduce discomfort.